This is the kind of burger that makes me wish I had a bigger mouth while eating it. There were so many fixings in it that when put together tasted amazing. I love mexican and I love burgers, put them together and you have a wonderful marriage of flavors. Be prepared to open up wide! Happy Eating!
Recipe thanks to Food Gawker
Yields 4 servings
- 4 ground beef patties
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 split burger buns, toasted, for serving
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- Sliced avocado, for serving
For the jalapeño pico de gallo:
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeños, cilantro, lime juice and salt, to taste; set aside.
Season each patty with salt and pepper, to taste.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add patties to the skillet and cook until browned and cooked through to medium rare, about 3-4 minutes per side, flipping only once. In the last minute of cooking, top each patty with 2 tablespoons monterey jack cheese, covering to melt.
Serve burgers on rolls on a bed of refried beans and topped with jalapeño pico de gallo and avocado.